A week ago Thursday, I drove down to California in a quick trip (down Thursday, back Friday ... 18 hours total) to pick up little Gwen. We were giving Momma and Pappa a break from the hectic life of caring for a 1 year old. But really, we were being terribly selfish wanting Gwen to ourselves for as long as we could. Mary and Gwen both cried for a little while when we left (at 4:30am Friday morning), but both got along quite well apart from each other. We think Gwen had a pretty good time. She did not act super excited when her parents showed up to pick her up, but during their short visit, before they all left, she giggled more than she had the entire week. She is such a sweetie and we are gonna miss her but are so happy that we got to spend some time with her. Most of all, I'm gonna be happy to be able to take my daily naps! hehe :) The pics here are in order, last to first. Sorry, I'd change them around but it takes some work (cuz I use google chrome) and I've got so many of them it'd take me all night.
I helped Becky make the brownie tar (perhaps that is why it turned out tar as opposed to like normal brownies)!
Grandpa and Pappa, you ready? I'm ready! Lets go shoot some varmints!
Pop Rocks! 1st time! I LOVE the crackle! It makes me smile.
Momma and Pappa, you can't believe the things I did this week! It was so fun!
We had lunch with Grandma at work. We didn't want to make a big disruption so we just ate in the car.
Becky and I went to Park City with one of her friends. We went shopping at the outlet store and got me these cute galoshes, a swim suit, a dress, and this cow. The cow sings Old McDonald had a farm! I love to sing "Ei-Ei-Oh!" I do it over and over and over cuz I'm really good at it!
Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Momma and Pappa never give me powder sugar doughnuts! I love you guys!
Me and Becky went to the park and I played on the swings!
And I went down the slide. It scared me a little. I REALLY liked splashing in the water at the bottom though! That was fun!
But Grandma and Grandpa have some toys too that they let me play with. I LOVED this big doggie! Ask me what a doggie says? "huh, huh, huh, huh"
Yum! Root Beer barrels! Sorry Shelle, they were meant for you, but you just can't refuse this face can you?
I often make a mess when I eat. I loved to drink from anyone else's cup but my own. Sometimes, they got over zealous when giving me milk ... I thought it was funny when they spilled milk on me!
My Grandpa taught me to never walk by a farm field without checking things out!
Going for a walk: My Favorite Thing. Being outside: My Other Favorite Thing. Playing with the Doggie: My All-Time #1 Unsurpassable - FAVORITE THING!
1 - 2 - kick - punch ... 1 - 2 - kick - punch ... waking up early to exercise with Grandma and Grandpa.
Becky was the coolest. She let me run around without a diaper on a lot!

I love chasing, hugging, playing with, and petting the doggie!

Playing in the mud!
See, I told you it was muddy!
I learned a new trick. Grandma and Grandpa put these chairs on the stairs to keep me from climbing them, but I'm tricky! I studied them. I was sly.
I sneaked 3/4 up the stairs before they caught me! After this, they came up with a gate to trap me in the living room. I didn't get enough time with that, but I'll learn a way to get around it I'm sure!
5 comments:
Sooooo cute! I want one of those!!! (grandchild!)
I'm so glad she had fun! But you had better send her puppy back. We do not negotiate with terrorists!
Looks like Gwen had a great time.
Wow! You were great at taking a bunch of pictures. I love the one where she's figuring out how to get up the stairs! Great to talk to you the other day!
CUTE! My favorite is of the rootbeer barrels. Adorable!
Post a Comment