One quick update too: I am eating normal now. I don't have the appetite for white flour products I used to have. I still try to eat a salad for lunch everyday. And sugar gives me a headache every time I eat it. I should stop eating it right? But, when I go to someone's house for a party (or like today at break-the-fast) I can't help myself...those cinnamon rolls are too tempting. Alas...headache. Thank goodness for tylenol/ibuprofen/aspirin/etc. :)
So, onto my week without facebook. It actually wasn't this last week. It was the week before that. It was harder than I thought it would be. I'm not on facebook a lot...probably about an hour total all week. But, I will check it a lot to keep up with what people are doing. For example: when I'm at work and rounding on patients in the hospital. If I'm on a particular floor to see a patient and that patient is occupied for a min (in the bathroom, with a chaplain, etc) I would check facebook on my smartphone until I could go in. This was more to occupy my mind. When I had committed to no facebook, I got really antsy at these times. But, I solved my problem and downloaded a book onto my phone. Now I perused the pages of my book instead of facebook. This is probably a better activity for my mind too.
One of the funniest things I found with my sans-facebook time was I think a lot in "status updates". Looking back at my postings on facebook, I don't really post a lot of status updates. However, it seemed I was always thinking in terms of what I was doing and how I could make it sound interesting to other people on an update. (and of course, now I can't think of an example! ha!) I still think I will try to spend less time over all on facebook. I really have more important things to do with my time. But it is a great way to keep in touch with old friends. That is the blessing of Facebook. So, even though I have my moments of bashing on it, I will continue to use it for the time being.
I want to tell you all who read this blog one thing: Thank you! Even if you don't post comments, that doesn't really matter all that much to me. I try to read all your blogs too, and I hardly ever post. But I still love you all! :)
Preview of next week: The HAPPIEST place on Earth: DISNEYLAND!!!!
4 comments:
Ha, Ha, . . . . I've found myself doing exactly what I've bashed a few minutes before too. I need to hold my tongue more!
Your posts are interesting, I love reading about you!
I've just never started facebook because I feel there are too many other things that take my time, I don't need another one, so I don't miss what I've never started. With that said, I totally see the benefits, and I know I'd probably enjoy facebook too much...thus, why I never started.
I love you too, Becky!
Are you going? Did you already go? (Disneyland is the place I am referring to!)
Thank you for your updates. It's fun to keep in touch with you, even though I prefer phone calls. Life just keeps us all busy (I know), but thanks. I'm also glad you are eating at least somewhat normally now! I have learned to appreciate those things I can still eat:) This may make you think I am not able to eat a lot, but I can eat a good deal. Anyway, I'm excited for 'Disneyland' being the 'happiest place on Earth!'
Post a Comment