Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Update on Baby Gwen

I've not done an update on Baby Gwen in ages...mostly because she has been in California and I have been here in Utah. Forced to keep all communication with her over the computer. Not fair! Anyway, Mary and Gwen came out for Bonnies Graduation recently. She is only 7 months old but has pretty severe stranger anxiety (most of my family thinks she is not so sweet anymore). My dad and grandma were the only ones that were able to hold her without her bursting into fits of panic (she would roll her wrists, very bellydance-esque, and start to pant before howling in terror). That is, they were the only ones until I came along. I will admit at first she was hesitant with me, but I learned the trick. I held her so she couldn't see me (or Mary). That way she got used to my voice. She would occasionally look up at me. I don't think she saw me completely, but could tell that I was not quite mommy. But she couldn't hold her head that way long enough to get a good look at me (sneaky sneaky Becky). After 10-20 minutes of this, I was able to hold her and play with her at the Graduation. It was great! Especially seeing my sisters envious of my amazing baby skills! hehe! So enjoy the pics...I love em!

The amazing Gwen Tongue!

Oh what a happy Gwen!

I like to call this her "Maxine" pose. She's done this more than once. It reminds me of the old lady Maxine who is a character for a line of Hallmark cards.

I'm so happy I caught this picture perfect moment! It's my favorite shot! So Funny!

Awww! She loves her auntie Becky! See no tears!

Ok, It's true. She probably loves me because I let her mame me, pull my necklace, and chew on my glasses while I held her. She doesn't see what is so wrong with chewing on glasses...you can tell by the look on her face!

Little Gwen is all grown up. She's eating "real" food and sitting up without being held. She is soo cute and growing up too fast!

5 comments:

The two old crows said...

That is one thing about babies they grow up to fast. You took some great pictures.

Mary Jo said...

Cute pictures! Will you e-mail them to me? Gwen scooted across the living room floor backwards today and then whistled at me. It was pretty funny. ;)
And also, what's the deal with your craftiness thing? Part of the deal is that you were supposed to do it on your blog for three other people. Chop, chop!

Kim & Dave said...

Who's the sneaky one now? I like the pics.

The Burrows Family said...

How cute is she?? Those are some great pics! I really like your hair! Hey will you come save my garden? I am trying a container garden like you and so far it's not going so well. I really want a garden, though, so I'm not giving up!! I think you would make a great midwife!! We need to hang out soon!

Carolyn said...

She is sooo cute! Glad you got to spend some time with her! Oh, and I promise, we haven't forgot about your golf question, we're doing a bit of research for you!!