My Name is Rebecca McCollaum and I am addicted to shopping, pretty dresses, nice shirts, cute pants, and all that can be found inside a department store.
This addiction has been developing over the past 10 years and has essentially gone unchecked. It wasn't until recently, when I came back from Grenada, that it reared it's ugly head before me.
This is the laundry pile that sits in my bedroom. My laundry basket is 2-3 ft tall and overflowing with clothes needing laundering.
"When was the last time they have seen the inside of a washing machine?" you might ask. "Over one month ago" would be my reply. *sigh* Unfortunately, this is not the saddest part to my tale.
This is a picture of my closet only moments after the laundry picture was taken. This appears that I have enough clothing to wear for at least 1 or maybe two more weeks (because lets face it, pants, skirts, and dresses can all be worn more than once)! Notice the U-Haul box on the shelf? It is full of clothes. And the open drawers?
Need I say more? Bah! I am so ashamed!
To further explain my addiction I offer this story: Last night after work, I went to meet a friend up the canyon for a "very casual" wedding rehersal dinner. I didn't know about it until I was already at work, wearing interview worthy atire. Calculating my drive home, changing clothes, and drive back, it would have been about 2 hours before I would have been able to get there; and I was already running late. So to "save time" I stopped at target and purchased 3 shirts and 1 pair of jeans! (why 3 shirts? because I'm addicted to shopping!) I did put back 1 shirt, a cardigan, and a skirt...I am trying to be strong.
My Sheaf of Shoes...
My Closet of Coats...
My Pile of Purses (notice 4 red purses)...
I've got it bad! So if anyone knows of a good addiction recovery process for shopping...let me know. I need help!
5 comments:
You are so funny
I do! Give me some of your freaking clothes! Love you!
Sorry, I don't know of any good addiction recovery program! I'm amazed at your collection! Maybe you can just look at it that way...it's a nice collection...some people collect model cars...you choose to collect clothing :)
Are you bragging or complaining! Go, Girl!
Haha! I just had that experience myself. I am not quite addicted to shopping, I just work at a clothing store. I just did the laundry today, after not doing it for about a month, and still had clothes in the closet to wear. Nuts.
I do have a solution though. Last year I went into my closet and turned all the hangers backwards. When I wore something I turned the hanger back around the normal way, and when the year was over, the ones I hadn't turned around went to the DI.
This isn't a solution to your shopping addiction.. but it is a way to get rid of some of those clothes that stuff up your closet that you never wear. Haha, good luck!
Post a Comment