Saturday, August 22, 2009

Grenada 2k9


August 4th through the 17th I took time off of work to revisit the place where I got my 1st stamp in my passport, experienced my 1st time abroad, and fell in love with the people and the island of Grenada. This trip back was just as good as the first. My only complaint was, once again, the landfill, which this time was on fire making it more pungent than ever. During my excursion this time I was able to see the way the island of Grenada and town of Gouyave parties for their Carnival celebration. It was uber-fun! I am contemplating making a re-visit next year just for this huge party. Carnival held it's own set of firsts for my life, which will not be mentioned in this blog. Due to unfortunate occurences, I will not be posting any more pictures of my trip besides this one. However, you can stop by my house any time and I'd love to show you the pictures and tell you the stories over a nice hot cup of cocoa tea...straight from the caribbean!

And as a final "note" to help explain the above picture is the following song. I've declared this song my theme song. It's rather ironic as it is a new song for this year. The artist is Mr Killa, who was declared the soca monarch for 2009. Other songs of his I like are "More Rum" and "Swing it Away" among others. You can check out the other ones on youtube if you like this one. Unfortunately most of the soca artists do not have music available for purchase on itunes. I hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm so happy for you that you got to go to Grenada again! What a great vacation. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! You're the greatest!

Tina said...

No more pics????? Ahhhhhh, blog time is the only time I get to see you!!! Something very mysterious must have happened ;)

Amy said...

You make me laugh girl! Unfortunate circumstances and only ONE photo? Oh well, makes this much more mysterious and creates conversation eh?

Rachel said...

Oh, Becky, you've piqued my curiostiy! Sounds like fun, though. :)