As I was thinking about this past year and what I wanted to accomplish this year I decided I would make some formal resolutions. I decided I wanted to do something educational, professional, and spiritual. Listed below are the resolutions I came up with, what I want to accomplish with them, and the tools I need to accomplish them. Wish me luck!
So my 1st resolution being spiritual is:
1. Read my scriptures and pray everyday. Should be easy right? Warning: Some things you read on this screen may be harder than they appear.
Purpose: to improve my knowledge and relationship with the Savior.
Tools: Scriptures-check; Knees-check check.
My next one I decided would be professional:
2. Get a Job! hehe I am pretty sure I'll have this one nailed, so I decided I would put it on my list of New Year's resolutions to improve my odds of success!
Purpose: To contribute to society and support myself (and my hobbies).
Tools: an APRN license, a Master's degree, and a will (because where there is a will, there is a way!)
My last resolution is educational:
3. Learn Italian!
3. Learn Italian!
Purpose: This has a several fold purpose. If I end up getting the job that I really want, I may have at least 1 consecutive month of vacation. Problem being, it is out of the country (Grenada) and in order to avoid paying taxes in Utah/US, I have to stay out of the country for 330 days in a 365 day period. So, I was hoping (although I have not talked to my Aunt and Uncle yet because nothing is set with Grenada) that I could come and bum around Naples for some of that time. Even if that doesn't fall into place, I am going to visit Italy before Uncle Pete and Aunt Denise leave, and Denise told me that she is not going to speak for me my second time around. I have to learn some Italian before I come back.
Tools: an Italian Phrase-a-Day calendar, an Eyewittness Travel book & 2 CDs on learning to speak Italian, Instant Immersion Italian CDs and computer software, and a costco book called "Learn to speak Italian in 10 minutes a day". I've decided this is likely enough to get me so I can communicate basic things. If I really am getting no where in 4-5 months, I may break down and buy the Rosetta Stone, but I am hoping I don't have to make that kind of investment. :)
Cross your fingers for me! And Good Luck to all of you with your New Year's Resolutions!
9 comments:
Wish you luck! Great goals!
sounds good, makes my goal seem so trivial.
Wow, Beck, that's great!! You're all kinds of prepared. Listing all of the tools and everything. It's surprisingly logical and actually useful for New Year's resolutions. (Mine are never that put together. Maybe that's why I stopped doing them.) Good luck!
Sounds like you will have a great year when you get them all accomplished. good luck.
I have some of the same, I hope we both can keep at them.
Sounds like some pretty good goals/resolutions. Good luck w/ them. I think you can do them all. :)
Get one of your sisters at the U to to get you the Rosetta Stone from the Library. I am pretty sure they have them for students use and you can check them out. Worth a try. Good luck with your resolutions!
I like silly resolutions. They make life more interesting. Good luck with yours!
I really want Rosetta Stone to learn Spanish, but like you, am not sure if I want to make that kind of investment. Good luck with learning Italian! I'm excited to hear about your new upcoming job.
Post a Comment