Well, not exactly frightful, as you can see in this picture, but only 2 days before this picture was taken SLC got dumped with snow. We got a blanket of 5" of snow in the valley. I'm not sure how much they got on the mountain. But when this picture was taken there was a base of 71" of snow.
As I was driving to my friend Holly's house at 9:00am to go skiing, I checked the weather and it was 13 degrees Fahrenheit outside. When we were getting on a lift, I heard the lift attendant tell the man on the chair in front of us that it was 2-3 degrees Fahrenheit outside there, at 9,400 feet in elevation. Brrrr!!!
But we still had a blast skiing. She has been multiple times already this season; she has a pass. This was my first time. I forgot the muscles that are required to do this sport.I forgot the awkwardness of the ski boots. I also forgot to put toe warmers in my boots and paid for it later! When I was taking my boots off in the locker room my toes started to rewarm. I have never felt such pain! I wanted to cry, but didn't. Walking I looked crippled. I had wool socks on inside my ski boots, but it did not prepare me for the cold on the mountain that day
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful day though. I love the pictures. It looks like it was beautiful.
Fun! I agree; great pictures. I'm glad you got to go skiing again. I hate being so cold. It's poo. (Yeah, once you have a one-year old, everything is poo.)
I am also glad you still have toes. :) How did moving go?
Who would ever have thought you would enjoy winter activities so much (like skiing and ice fishing-, don't you agree? Glad to hear you had such a good time.
Post a Comment