So I feel really stupid leaving this until the end of the month. I swear to you that I read these books, and finished them, probably by the 2nd weekend in October. I've just been lazy about blogging. I think its an epidemic. I've almost convinced myself to be done with the whole "blog" thing. Especially as it is quite unmotivating when no one posts comments to your blog. - see my last few posts. I think I've had one in the past 4 posts. :( ok, pity party is over.
So my last couple books were part of the Hunger Games trilogy. I didn't truly read them. I listened to them on audio-book.


Looking back on the story, it is horribly morbid and awful and I can't believe that I read these books. But, Suzanne is a pretty good author in that her first book established enough of a eccentric story that I had to read both the other books in the trilogy to find out how it all unfolded. Truth be told, the character development was not enough to keep me engaged. I found Katnis to be extremely whiny. I also did not like how much of the last book left her moving from one situation to another that left her in the hospital ward, drugged. But, I do have to give kudos to Suzanne Collins for not twisting it into a happily ever after where everything is peaches and cream. She doesn't start that way, or make it seem she will end that way either, so I am glad she sticked to the true nature of her characters and her book.
I am on a bookie website: www.goodreads.com. I can rate books that I read on this website. I gave The Hunger Games a 5 star, Catching Fire a 4 star, and Mockingjay a 3 star. I know others who have had similar ratings. If you are into non-fiction books (like me) I wouldn't necessarily recommend this book (unless you want to know what everyone else is talking about). However, if you enjoy a good fictional story you would probably enjoy book 1, and then I would definitely recommend finishing the next 2 books, or you will lie awake at night wondering how things ended.
5 comments:
Poor Becky, no comments. We love yous still and I do read your blog. You're just so thorough I don't have anything left to say. But you do a great keeping up with reading books! Good job. Love you lots.
hey there! I agree with the last comment:) I am not good at the blog thing, or the commenting on other people's blogs. Time is the issue, not lack of wanting to. You're awesome for reading and reading and reading. I don't find time to even practice piano, let alone pick up a book and sit down to read it! Kudos:)
PS. How are you doing in AZ? I miss you tons!
ditto
I want you to keep blogging! I laughed at your last email. Hope you're having fun learning Italian.
Where's the book update? :) I keep checking your blog, hoping to see you update it. Just to let you know. No pressure, just love. We all love you!!!
Post a Comment