Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bad blogger

I have been slacking. Partly because not many comment; but let's face it, if I want comments I need to post more regularly so people know when to check my blog. Bah! I'm a mess. I will update on my book progress and my life in general in a bit. But, for now I wanted to update on my new year's goals from last year and my birthday goals. I'm doing this in preparation to make my new, new years resolutions.

So here we go....2010 new years goals
1. Read all the books of scripture.
Progress: not completed. I read 1/4 of the old testament, the entire book of Mormon, and the entire pearl of great price. This is better than I have done in the past, so it's still an accomplishment, I think.
2. Get a job.
Progress: Done and done. And, by saying done twice, yes, I got a job quit it, and found a new job. I'll give more details later. Point being, I am employed and paying off my student loans. :)
3. Lear Italian.
Progress: io parlo sono un po. I wish I spoke more, and I'm gonna keep working on it.

And, as for my birthday goals:

1. Complete a half marathon - not yet. I'm not doing great at the training either. But, I just realized that I just put "complete". That means I can walk it! :) yes, I'm sly. I'll try to get my butt back to the gym sometime soon. I try to wait until after the new years rush has ended.
2. Read the book of Mormon - check! Done! :)
3. Develop a new skill for my resume. Done! This comes with the new job too. Details to follow later.
4. Read a book a month. I'm altering this a bit...read 12 books a year. Thus far, I'm on track.
5. Take a scuba class- not done.....yet.
6. Learn how to rock climb - check! I'm not good, but I enjoy doing it.
7. Develop a closer relationship with God and my Savior. Thus far, I'm on track. This one will always be a work in progress.
8. Do 10 military style push-ups. I've back tracked on this, but I have time to repent.
9. Do 5 pull ups. Same as #8.
10. Learn italian (check) & complete Rosetta stone level 1-3 (not check, need to get back on track).
11. Sleep in a hammock. Not yet
12. Do more service. I think so, but there is always more service to be done, so i'm gonna not check this one until my next birthday.
13. Watch the sun rise and set on the same day, by myself. Not yet
14. Go to the temple monthly. No. I didn't go at all 3 months. But, I'm gonna try to increase my time there in the future.
15. Learn about a new culture. Well, I watched Michael Collins today (a movie about the Irish revolution), but I don't know if that counts. I do work with a few docs from India and I'm learning all sorts about that culture...from them and from the show "outsourced" hehe funny!
16. Visit a new continent. I don't know if this one is realistic at this point. It may change to visit a US site i've not been to (ie The Grand Canyon)
17. Write more thank you notes & snail mail them. Not done a one. I need to work on this one.
18. Draw and frame a self portrait. This is definitely a work in progress, but progress is coming and I have been working on it off and on.
19. Grow something. Does mold on cheese in the fridge count? If so...success! If no, I'll work on it.
20. Get a financial advisor - I have talked to one, she just hasn't helped me yet. I may visit her in February when I go to Utah to see shell come home off her mission.
21. Make a budget (just barely done, thanks Aunt Amy) and stick to it...we shall see.
22. Learn a new hobby. I've talked to a friend about teaching me how to play racquetball. :) but, have not learned yet.
23. Take a picture a day. Not even close. I don't think I was very realistic with this one. :s better planning next time.
24. Learn to meditate. I have been taught how, but I haven't learned yet.
25. Become notorious for something. I would say I'm successful at this one.... :)
26. Take a music lesson. Bah! I've been trying for the last month to get this one. But, I think I'm about two to three weeks from completing this. Horray! I'd really like both piano and vocal lessons, but think I may have to stick with just piano for now.
27. Stock a 72 hour kit. Not yet. :s and this is an easy one. I'll try to get on top of this.
28. Become my own muse. Not completed yet. This goal really is so that I can improve my self esteem, it's a work in progress at this point.

I think overall, I'm doing quite well. I hope you all have achieved success. Happy New Year! Good luck to you all in the coming year!

3 comments:

Trishie-pooh said...

You managed to accomplish far more than I have this last year. I think I ought to make a few New Year's Resolutions this year too. But you've done really well and your goals are actually food ones. good job. Yay Becky! Happy New Year!!!

Juby said...

I like a lot of your resolutions. You make a lot of them and they are fun. One of my favorites that you have completed is become notorious for something. You always have been notorious in our family. Hehe! Love you tons!

thetaylors said...

I check your blog nearly once a week. So nearly once a week I am disappointed there is no update. Just wanted you to know!