Ok, so my last post I know was super long ago. Sorry again. I've decided to try to post something every Sunday morning. Especially if my internal alarm continues to wake me up at 7:15 every freaking morning...bah!
This post could potentially be extremely wordy, updating with facts about my job and how I like it here in AZ...but instead, I'm gonna try to use pictures. Let's see how it goes:

The above picture is to represent the job I moved to AZ for. It was in Cardiology. And, because this is now a public blog and I don't want to be accused of slander in anyway, I'm not going to include the MDs name or the name of the clinic (you can look in past posts and find it if your that interested). I worked there for 2 months. The doctor was CRAZY. I found a lot of stuff he was doing borderline. He liked to push a lot of bounds both ethically and in practice (I think morally too, but I never became that close to him, I heard stories though). At the end of my 3rd month were I was having "secret meetings" with the HR people from the hospital where I worked, I decided his practice was not something I wanted my license tied to...so I found another job and quit. Best decision of my life thus far.

This person is the only thing I regret leaving behind at that Cardiology job. She is the other NP at that practice. We became awesome friends. She is an amazing person and someday will break away from the craziness (she joked that it would be as soon as she got vested...I couldn't wait that long).
This is the book that I read from October 15th through December 25th. Yes, I read the entire Book of Mormon. I don't think I have ever been so dedicated in reading it all the way through. Our Bishop challenged us to do it. It was great. I have a Testimony of the truthfullness of the Book of Mormon. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet and was directed by the Lord to build the church. I know the church is True. This is an amazing book. If you haven't read it, read it!

These pictures are some of the fun things I've done here in AZ. During the summer we floated the Salt River...a lot. I think we floated it about 4-5 times in 2 months. It was a lot of fun, of course, the company makes all the difference. In the above picture from R-L these people are: Jamie, Jarom, Jeffery, Mike, Ami, Cameron, and Becky (me). Ami is one of my awesome roommates. Cameron was essentially like our roommate, but then he moved to Mesa. We still hang out sometimes, just not as much.


This is the Mesa AZ temple. After much praying and pondering, I decided to receive my endowments on December 11, 2010. It was an amazing experience. Mom, Dad, and Grandma were able to be with me for it. EJ came too, but is not endowed so stayed at the hotel.
Funny story: Mom forgot her recommend. No big deal in days of computers, right? So on our arrival to the temple (early) she gave them her name and date of birth so they could look it up. After about 5 min they came back and apologized saying "I'm sorry, but we do not have any record of you being a member of the church." All eyes on mom...picture her face...think: shock and surprise. So, they take her ward and stake. They contact Bro Tasker who was Bishop when mom was RS president. He confirms she is a temple worthy member. He also informs that the computer system for the stake dumped all the stake files. They've been inputting them, but hadn't finished yet. Mom's records were some of the last as her maiden name is Young. :s After that though, all was well, she was able to come in and be my escort. Horray!

Disclaimer: this picture is not me. I do not have hairy legs, nor am I constipated. This was found on the internets.
So this picture is to represent my new job. I tried to find our logo on the internet, but alas...nothing. So I found a funny picture. I now work for Arizona Center for Digestive Health. It has been a good transition for me. I actually found out about this job the day I firmly decided to quit my other. I was riding in the elevator with one of the docs and he noticed I was a NP, mentioned they were looking to hire, and said if I know of anyone I should send them his way. I swear I saw the heaven's open, lights come down, and angel's singing...it was a sign anyway. I applied, and within 3 days had a new job. Brilliant. I did hate to leave cardiology, but I couldn't stand to work for that crazy doc anymore...I was starting to hate it. The docs I work for now all used to work at or trained at Mayo. They are nice, laid back, and want me to be gone no later than 5:30 every night. This is a breath of fresh air. I'm slowly but surely learning the GI world of things. There is a lot more to know than with cardiology (Heart, Lungs, veins). GI consists of: esophogus, stomach, duodenum, illeum, jeunum, colon, liver, pancreas...I think that's it. That's enough for sure!
I was a rastafarian for Halloween! disclaimer: wig. not my hair.

Me and another awesome roommate Kim. There was an 80's dance at the church and we rocked it!



I went home 2 times this ski season and skied 5 times with my friends! Its always good to see old friends and get exercise too!
One of my recent trips home was not just for skiing...Shelle came home from her mission to Brasil! Not as fat as she was claiming she would! hehe She looked great, was doing great, and was glad to be home (especially after flight cancellations and delays).
Dad, Shelle, Mom, and I at the Manti temple after a session. I'm in my fabulous Italian leather coat; unfortunately you can't see much of it, but just know it is fabulous! :)
The Stegeby's. Yes, Hans-Erik is wearing a wig. Shelle got a wig from someone and we had to put it on Hans-Erik cuz Gwen wouldn't wear it.
And, last, but definitely not least, good friends! When I was in Utah I was able to catch up with some of my good friends. Its so great when you can go months without talking/seeing/hearing from each other and pick up conversations as if you had never been away. It was great to see everyone!

4 comments:
WOW, what a full post!!!!
Yay for . . . . new job, reading the B of M, your endowment, Shelle coming home, going to the temple with your mom and dad and family and good friends!
Laughs at . . . . . Hans Erik, and Halloween!!!
So glad to know that you hadn't dropped off of the face of the earth... Now maybe I'll follow suite and post, don't hold you breath though.
Good blog, wonderful pictures, I'm glad to hear that you are happy and in the gospel.
I love this post! You are so great with words and with your pics. Was that Sandra in one of your ski pictures? Cam and I went skiing probably the same weekend you were around, and I enjoyed it a lot. I stayed right on the bunny hill and enjoyed every minute! He went down the bigger hill (this is all down Fairview canyon), on snowboard. Fun times!
Post a Comment