Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My last "Taste" of Italy

My last "taste" of Italy will come as no surprise to the McCollaum family there. One of my first questions when I got to Naples was "Does Italy have Magnum bars?" the answer "yes"! Woo Hoo! From that moment on I was on the look-out. I could spot a magnum bar from 300 paces! They are the best Ice Cream bar I have ever had, way out weighs the Dove bar. It's heavenly! I first got exposed to it in the Middle East and I have been craving it ever since. Oi! I love it! Anyone who goes to the Middle East or Europe must try one! Yum!

I actually almost missed my plane because I wanted to grab a Magnum before I boarded my flight out of Rome...oops! Well, I suppose its not so much of an oops because I made it. I was kinda caught up in my book, and I wasn't paying attention to the announcements, because I couldn't understad most of them as they were in Italian usually, and I didn't realize that my flight was boarding until I got back from the cafe and they had the final boarding call...hehe! All for a magnum bar!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Hmmm, chocolate...flight home...chocolate...flight home - And you chose chocolate! You crack me up! This is why you TOP the list.

Love ya, Aunt Amy

mccollaum fam said...

Ahhh!!!! I love that song!!! We need to get it! It cracks me up! We loved having you here with us becky and we hope you had as much fun with us as we did with you!

love, Pete, Denise, Jessie, Peter, Nicole, Rachel, and (ofcourse) Paul

Rachel said...

Becky, I have totally loved reading about your Italian adventure. And can I just say . . . I love the new (at least to me) look! Your hair and the glasses, you're one hot chickadee!

young family said...

Hey Becky! Bonnie e-mailed us your blog! Wow you have changed so much! Hope you check out our blog also.
Lora Young

Tina said...

Becky,

Just saw your comment on Lora's blog and now I linked your blog to my blog, I hope you don't mind!! I'm sooooo excited to see pictures of you and your travels. WOW!! It looks like you are a world traveler. NEAT! Come check our blog out, lincolnandtina.blogspot.com

Love ya,

Your cousin, Tina

The two old crows said...

I saw your blog on forever young also. Wow have you changed since the last time I saw you. I'm hoping you don't mind me reading your blog. It is soooo fun to see what family is doing.

Tina said...

Becky,

You are right, blogging is like journaling . . . I've been blogging for three years and it is so fun to see so many jump on the "blog wagon." I'll look forward to your updates!!!

Carolyn said...

The Magnum bar sounds like something I definitely need to try sometime. It's fun looking at your blog. I'm so glad you enjoyed Italy!

Bainter Family Antics said...

Becky,
I LOVED seeing your blog. You are so beautiful, brought tears to my eyes! I'm glad that I got to see Italy through your eyes, since it is probably the only way I will ever see it. To answer some of your questions: I am getting my masters in reading and I will graduate next summer which can't come soon enough. Sadly though I am already planning a second master's in library media just in case I ever want to leave the classroom. Steve and the kids aren't terribly happy to hear that bit of news as they are tired of frozen food!! Oh well, I've decided frozen food doesn't kill ya. Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog and I'll visit yours again soon. Trudy