So I am posting a little different this time. There were 60 highlight pictures from our 3 days in Rome that I wanted to post. But for any of you who have posted pictures to a blog know how long that would take, probably at least 3 hours! So I am posting 2 slideshows. If there are any questions about any of the pictures post a comment, mail, or call me and I will respond the same way.
Anyway on to Rome. I had a good time in Rome, despite all the rain. When we went to Pompeii there was a 90% chance of rain and we got slightly sprinkled on for a couple of seconds. The 3 days in Rome there was a 80% chance day 1, 60% chance day 2, and 30% chance day 3. It poured on us all 3 days! It did clear the crowds significantly! But it did make us very wet most of the time.
One thing I learned while in Rome is 3 days is not enough (especially if you like to sleep in). There is as much do do (if not maybe more) in Naples as there is in Rome. The difference is Naples is not as well known as Rome. I wanted to see everything and do everything there was to do and it did get a little overwhelming. But the big thing about going to Rome is you need to practice looking at the ceiling frescos. My neck was sooo sore after leaving the vatican museum I couldn't believe it. That museum is 4 miles long (which I didn't know until I left). 5 hours after entering the museum we exited it and decided to bypass St Peter's Basillica. We had enough of museums and catholocism for the day!
However, of my favorite pictures in the slideshow is the St Peter's Square Panoramic. I like the foreboding dark clouds on the left side of the picture.
Rome was fun! I hope you enjoy the pictures!
LDS Women & Patriarchy
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment