Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Safety Pins!!

What would the world be without safety pins? Mine, I know, would fall apart! I realized this a week or two ago when I was sitting at a computer at work. The story goes as follows:


I safety pin my badge on. I did have a little plastic clasp at one time but it kept coming undone and my badge kept falling off. So one day at work when I had lost my badge for the umpteenth time, I decided to safety pin it on. And then one day I was sitting accross from, one of my favorite MD's at work, Mike C. and he commented on my safety pin, something to the effect of:

Mike: "If they paid you better, you could get a fabric lanyard to hold your badge"
Me: "It used to be held on with tape, then I got a raise!"
Mike: "We will know when your next raise comes, it will be velcro then".
Me: Smile, hehe
Mike: Smile, hehe

End of conversation.

That got me thinking, how much do I use safety pins????


To replace buttons.....



To replace necklace clasps.....




To fix holes in seams in pants.....




To replace thread that holds buttons on....



To hold pockets down where buttons are missing.....




Seriously....I would fall apart without them. The worlds greatest invention....Safety Pins!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Ha, Ha, that is funny. You & I must be related. My last safety pin fix was to one of our beach umbrellas. I got out the thread and the needle. And said, heck! a safety pin will work just as nicely, and they (notice the plural) did!! My son's backpack is also put together with a line of safety pins, they also keep me modest with this age of the low cut shirt!

young family said...

To funny, I just read your blog and then Jackie showed me a hole in her backpack. Safety pin it!! My problem is finding a safety pin :) Or enough safety pins, or the right size. Needles to say alot of things go unfixed at our house :)

young family said...

That is funny! I usually sew thing though even though it takes more time. I know where the saftey pins are unlike my mom. They're in the sewing box.Next time you go to Italy take me with you!!!!

-Emma

Betsy said...

You look so SKINNY!! Carolyn keeps me up on you, but i was glad to find your blog. I love the picture of you with the Magnum bar too :)

Betsy (Miller) Carlile

King Family said...

Hello Becky! Wow, your trip looked so exciting! I may have the chance to go to eastern Europe next summer if I get into the University Singers Choir next semester. They are going on tour. All your pictures made me so excited! I need to practice really well so I get accepted! Im so excited you have a blog. Fun!!