Yes it's true. July 9th was my birthday! Yay for me! I am a whole 26 years old! Some might say that is old. Most people say it is young (like most everyone I work with who is older than me). Some might be amazed at the fact I am willing to admit my age. To them I have only two things to say:
#1 - I have lived all these years, I am taking credit for them. I do not want to repeat any of them. Well, 24-25 were good years. I did a lot of traveling. But I was in school too. Nope, don't want to relive any of it. I would rather have the rewards that I get after those years!
#2 - For some unknown reason (perhaps because I am getting older and more senile, hehe) I forgot how old I was for the past 3-6 months and I have been telling people that I was already 26. I realized this when I was in Italy. The conversation went something like this:
Rachel (my 5 year old cousin): "How old are you?"
Me: "how old do you think I am?"
Rachel: "um...25?"
me: "no, I'm 26....wait....no! I am only 25!"
Rachel: "I don't believe you!"
Me: "no seriously, I swear! I am only 25!"
Rachel: "Mommy! How old is Becky?"
Sad but true.
So my birthday was not filled with great excitement. I, like most every grown person around the world, worked on my birthday. I would have taken it off if it were a Friday or Monday, but it was a Wednesday! Not worth the PTO!
But the physician I worked with in the hospital Steve H. was great! He was making me feel so special! He told everyone it was my birthday. I walked up to him and some of the residents to ask him a question and he stopped them from talking and said something like, "wait, it's Becky's birthday, lets let her talk and then we can continue!" hehe. It was fun to be special for a day. The only thing I didn't have was my own tiarra! I thought about it for a minute, but then I realized it was probably not the most professional look I could have.


I did get to talk to all my family and friends and eat some cake. MJ, Hans, EJ, and I all got together the night before my b-day and had "Pooh cake". It is an inside joke between MJ and me. Mj joking that when I get married I will only let her eat a "pooh cake" hehe.

And, for my birthday I made cakes for all the people in the clinic I work with. I also delivered a cake to the LDS and IMED offices, even though I worked in the hospital. I think everyone should celebrate my birthday! I did initally think we should petittion to make it a national holiday celebrated with fireworks and parades, but I was told that may be pushing it. I conceded, it MAY be too much! hehe
Well, I had a great July 9th, I hope you all did too! And I hope you all enjoy your birthdays as much as I enjoyed mine!

5 comments:
you are too cute! Thank you for the cake- it was delicious! If you petition for the national holiday I will support you all the way!!
Happy Birthday!! It sounds like you had a great one.
Happy Birthday. It is neat seeing the family and you take great pictures.
Happy belated Birthday!!
I am glad you had fun with your family and I'm glad you had the "pooh" cake, if that is what makes you happy =) I have to admit I am curious about the story behind this, but no pressure to share ;)
I love all the photo's below, we were just talking about the Tolbert breakfast and we were even wondering about Sherm :) Lots of fun memories, thanks for sharing.
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I liked your cake! Sorry you had to work on your birthday! It's true that birthdays just aren't the same once your working.
Post a Comment