Allright. This is another fun trip that I have been on. My last catch-up blog posting of trips. From now on, I look ahead, not behind. I was thinking about this recently though because it was 2 years ago July 10th through the 21st, that I was on my trip in Grenada.
Those of you who may not know, Grenada is a tiny island in the west indes. Way down south in the Caribbean, almost to Venezuela. Uncle Otis is a true Grenadaian and he took Aunt Amy and their girls to visit his family there. They invited me to come along as I was the single cousin who could pay for herself! It was great fun! I would love to go back anytime! I found my happy place there; floating in the caribbean sea (in the pictures, Aunt Amy and I are the whitest things in the water!!! hehe).
I had good times hanging with Uncle Otis' family. Uncle Cali was one of my favorites! I was declared his "great-grand-niece-in-law" (that's a mouthful). It was my first exposure to true rastafarians too!
You can see all the damage from Hurricane Ivan that tore across the island only 2-3 years earlier. And then I also have one of my favorite fruits there...skin up. At least that is what they call it there. I am not sure of the true name of the fruit but it is terribly addictive!
I had such a good time! I relive all my vacations through my pictures. I do warn you though, the slideshow attached with this post is 14 minutes long to view the whole thing!
1 comment:
wow, you sure do travel a lot! but it looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment