Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Independence Day (better late than never right?)

I was able to go to Delta to visit my family for July 4th. Which any of you who have been to Delta know what that involves: usually an early morning neighborhood breakfast, a parade, a demolition derby, a barbeque, and fireworks. Not this year for us though. We decided we enjoyed each others company much more than the recreational activities. We didn't go to the parade, the derby, or the fireworks! We did do the morning breakfast and the barbeque.

The rest of the day we stayed around the house playing games. I love games and my family gratefully joins in my love. We played a lot of Rummikub, Last Word, and Encore. I did bring my Karaoke, but alas, my family does not enjoy the fun of singing to a TV as much as I do! I could sing all day long (and sometimes do)! I am not the greatest singer, but I am not bad either. I will not sing such great hits as Nessum Dorma (one of Pavaratti's best known from the Opera Turandot) because I would slaughter it!

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was spend napping, gaming, swimming, and shooting. McCollaum's can't get together without somesort of a gun involved, right? I am such a fan of skeet shooting! Everytime I go to Delta I beg my dad to let us shoot (granted, he enjoys it sooo much it doesn't take much begging)! We have a good time. I used to be really good, but I think I am loosing some of my edge! The anticipation kills me and I close my eyes! Ooops! hehe

Some of us also ventured out into the public eye for an hour or two and went to the Res. The "Res" is the local reservoir for all the irrigation water that people have turned into a fun recreational area. Although, the water here is probably the dirtiest I have seen! But we had fun!

Saturday, Teresa, our cousin, came over to visit for a quick minute and she talked about how they floated down the Sevier River from Leamington to Delta. Shelle and Trish got all excited! They called her on Monday and they all went and floated together. I, alas, had to work! The joys of growing up! But I heard they had fun. I will have to ask them for pics (if they have any) and post them.

Overall, July 4th was a hit!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh boy, does that bring back memories for me. Is the neighborhood picnic still at the Tolberts? Sherm must be ancient. He's such a good ole guy. MJ is pregnant? WOW, I'll bet she and your mom and you all are WAY excited! I expect to see pictures of the wee babe when he/she arrives! Love the pics!! Shooting skeet is sooooo much fun! I haven't done it in ages.

The two old crows said...

Ditto with what Tina said