Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Traditions

Our family doesn't seem to follow a lot of traditions. We do try to shoot guns most every holiday we get together. I think it is mostly because dad is so anti-holiday as they are very materialized. Planning to shoot guns is a way to keep him interested and the rest of us generally enjoy it too.

Fortunately, one Christmas tradition we've had for almost 10 years now came from my Grandma McCollaum. She has been giving her grandchildren tree ornaments as christmas gifts (I think it started in 1998 or 1999 but maybe sooner than that). I love it!

Generally, they have one or two (or sometimes both) of two characteristics. #1- they complete a series (either year by year or in a group with the family....last year we all got ornaments reflecting one of the 12 days of christmas). &/or #2-they match a personality trait. I have had some pretty fun ones in the past, but after I saw my ornament this year I knew it was blog worthy. (my ornament from 2005 or 2006 was good too, I'll have mom take a picture of it and send it along to me to post soon).

The gift bag this one came in was labeled To: "shooter" From: Grandma. I love it! Thanks Grandma for this great Christmas tradition!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow! She definitely found the perfect ornament for you!

King Family said...

Cool! I love it!