Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sweden pictures Set #2

These pictures are in no particular order, but this compromises our last days in Sundsvall Sweden before we went on to Norway and then down to Stockholm. I'm sorry I've not blogged in a several days. Computer access here is not the best, and was non-existent in Norway!

Off to ride the horses at 10:00 pm.
MJ, Jess and I at the Viking burial site in Sundsvall.


Rolling down the Viking burial mounds in Sundsvall. It had been a long time since I had done this and I did not remember feeling so dizzy afterward. One of the many curses of getting older. However, I still enjoyed it very much!

Me and Sundsvall. We were on this look-out tower that was like...70-80 feet tall.




Putting my feet in the Baltic Sea. I got in as far as I could stand it...it was Freezing!




These signs were everwherere...we thought they were hillarious! Technically it means out-speed...for exit, but to an American...totally different!



Cool waterfall in Sweden we found on our way to Trondheim Norway!




It was sooo beautiful!

The little red shed is where 4 of us girls slept while in Sundsvall. We called it the Bunk house. This picture was taken at midnight on the longest day of the year!



This was also taken at midnight on the longest day of the year. This was the darkest it ever got while we were in Sundsvall.




We helped Håken (sp?) gather grass for the horses.



Jess and I also gathered flowers during the grass gathering party.



Uncle Pete did put his feet in the Baltic for like...3 seconds. I didn't get a picture of it. The rest of the time he was snapping pics of others, so I snapped a pic back!



Beach at the baltic.



Paul's borrowed boots. He claimed them as his own (as he did with most everything including Håken [my grandpa] and the Stegeby's house [my house]). We almost had to pry them from his fingers when we left.


The border between Sweden and Norway. We were hoping for a more interesting transition. We were thinking at least a sign, but nothing. So this is how I end my blog. Hopefully tomorrow I will have pictures of Norway including Trondheim and Oslo! Yay!

4 comments:

Tina said...

It's fun reading about your adventures! You are doing some great stuff . . .

The two old crows said...

I love seeing your pictures plus your dialog. Fun, Fun

H-E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
H-E said...

This is great Becky. A few corrections. Infart means entrance, not exit. My father's name is spelled with an a so it is Håkan but it was a great attempt. And uncle Pete didn't put his feet in for three seconds but his finger. I saw it. :)