I'm Moving To Gilbert, AZ!

I realized I may have talked the Mayo Clinic up quite a bit. Especially after everyone was commenting about how they thought it would be my choice. I must say, the maximum of 8 patients a day, and no call, was very tempting. But, for my career, the choice was Mercy Gilbert. The opportunity to participate in so much research and potentially be published far exceeds the weight that Mayo Clinic carries with its name. Also, the warmer weather .... Oh the warmer weather! And, although I realized after Lora posted that I didn't note how far Mayo was from Gwen, she wasn't a big factor in my decision (although I can't say it wasn't a factor at all! hehe)., I also prayed about it too and I got much better vibes in Phoenix than I did at Mayo. I think my eclectic personality would not fit into the strict Mayo community well. I also think that I will be supported much more in Phoenix, especially in regards to my educational goals.
.jpg)
So, my job starts June 7th. I'll likely be making my way down there at the beginning of June. In the mean time, I've got a trip to Italy and time with Gwen! :) I also have to apply for a license in AZ. I've started that process and it is absolutely miserable! I've never encountered a 19 page application with instructions galore, that I still have to call the board to clarify the questions! Bah! Its mind-numbing! Wish me luck!

12 comments:
YEAH!! I'm glad I was wrong and that you're going to AZ! CONGRATS!
Thanks, Carolyn! I'm pretty excited. I just looked it up too, Stu's mission covers the area that I'll be living in. How ironic!
dumb question--what exactly do you do becky? are you a nurse or doc?
April, I'm a nurse practitioner. So not exactly a nurse, not exactly a doctor!
I sooo called it forever ago. Hans-Erik too. You're one of the few people I know who wouldn't melt in that heat. :) Good luck!
oooh!! That is awesome, congrats on the new job! It is always exciting to start a new chapter of your life!! good luck :)
I'm so happy you have a job now!!! and you know AZ, comes up a lot in our quest for a retirement spot . . . good ole Utah just isn't as friendly to military retirees! But that won't be for a few more years . . . . .
Well I missed it. Glad for you. Your mother spilled the beans the other day when she called. Enjoy the heat!!!!!
Ahh, I knew it! So glad it worked out for you. We need to get everyone together before you go!When can I come visit??
Congrats!!! We're going to miss you but what an opportunity! Good luck and keep in touch!
YAY YAY YAY!!! I am so excited that you are going to be realatively close!! CONGRATS!!!
I know I'm a little late in commenting on this blog, but I've been anxiously waiting to see where you end up and have not checked blogs for a very long time! But congrats and I hope you enjoy getting to AZ when it's 95 degrees in June!
Post a Comment