Saturday, October 11, 2008

Brrrr!

I have had the hardest time staying warm since I can remember. In my current apartment we have had to set rules for the thermostat. Because EJ sleeps during the day she gets to set the thermostat to 72*. Because I and Shelle sleep at night (and Shelle is not as assertive as I am) I get to set the thermostat to 78*. That is where I sleep perfect. I generally layer my clothing...and I have been known to sleep in a sweater all year round! I think that it is quite possible I do not enjoy the winter season quite so much because I do not ski/snowboard. I would love to but the cost is outrageous! So I generally sit quietly at home in front of a fire reading a book and sipping my hot cocoa tea.

So this past week the forecast has been gloomy for me. A storm is rolling in Friday night that will bring with it snow and wind! Yuck! Friday night came and it was freezing! I stayed the night at a friends house and worried that I would be cold as most everyone sleeps with it cooler in their house. Surprisingly, I stayed quite comfortable. When I awoke I hesitated to look out the window for fear of what I would see. The sky was not clear, but the clouds were high and there was no sign of rain or snow....horray! However, the day went on, the wind came, the rain came, and then finally at 10:30 pm....the snow came. bummer. Nothing is sticking yet, at least not in the Salt Lake Valley. I actually know it was snowing up the canyon much earlier today, but as far as I was concerned, it could stay up there.

So I am posting pictures of the first snow of the season. But do not think that all is lost in this gloomy news...the bright aspect: I get to pull out all my cute winter coats, Yay!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

winter coats... like the wonderful one you got from italy?? hehe, I'm sooo jealous you have snow!! lucky :P