Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bellydancing Spring Fest 2009

This may shock and awe some of you but I am a bellydancer. I must say that when people first learn this about me often times the reaction I get is shock or awe. I am such a quiet and reserved person in general it is not what people expect. But nonetheless, it's me. I first got into it about a year ago when I needed to find a hobby outside of work in order for me to forget about work (because I was so miserable at my job that I was near quitting). Now however it has grown into something that I really enjoy for what it is and I think I am quite good at it. On March 7th, I perform with my two troupes Azalea, pronounced A-zail-ya (a cabaret troupe) and pandemoneum (a tribal troupe) at Spring Fest at the Utah State fairpark. It was alot of fun. I hadn't performed in a dance group since I was in High School. I don't have pictures from the performance yet, (no cameras were allowed inside) but when the pictures and DVD comes out I will be purchasing them as well as posting them...so get ready.
But fortunately, I do have 1 video I can post. March 6th a news crew came to the dance studio for publicity for the event and my teacher asked us all to come and be on TV. So I got up near the butt crack of dawn and went to the studio. My tribal group was able to perform on a short spot on the TV and I downloaded the video. Unfortunately, the part of the dance we are doing when they show us is not my favorite, but you still get the idea. I am the whitest one dancing, as well as the one in the blue lacey sleeves (if the prior comment didn't help you see which one was me). I hope you enjoy it!

3 comments:

The two old crows said...

I thought about that once.

Mary Jo said...

That's so great, Beck! I'm excited to see the video and pictures when you get them. The TV spot was cool. You looked awesome!

King Family said...

Sounds like fun. That's neat that you were on the news. Very cool.