Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Girls Weekend!

(Becky, Lisa, Shelly)

(At first, I was the only one brave enough to swim out in the FREEZING cold water and get a picture with the waterfall. The others soon joined me, but didn't get right up next to the waterfall as I did. It was a fun experience!)


Lisa Smith is one of my favorite friends from High School. We were always together. We had a lot of fun just laughing at each other and talking about everything and nothing. After high school we didn't keep in super great touch. We even had a period of ~1 year when we didn't talk. Ahh! It's crazy how life can get in the way. The joys of facebook have brought us into touch more and more with each other. We recently decided to get together for a girls weekend. We decided to go to Portland Oregon because she didn't want to stay in Phoenix and I didn't want to stay in SLC. Portland is a beautiful city. It was sooo much fun! I think I could easily live there. Lisa brought a friend (Shelly) with her and met up with a friend (Dave) while we were there. We hiked, swam in waterfalls, shopped, walked, laughed, talked, ate, played, and got pedi/mani's. It was such a good weekend. So good to get "away" from my life for a couple days. So good to reconnect with my friend. I miss you Lisa and look forward to seeing you again in a couple months...I'm still pushing for Hawaii!!!

(my favorite part was the hiking and waterfalls, if you can't tell from all my pics!)

(Becky and Lisa with our new purses we bought at the Saturday Market in Portland. This market puts others to shame. It was HUGE!)

(this is me trying to convince Lisa and Shelly to swim over right next to the waterfall...the water was sooooooo cold! Brrr!)

(R-L: Shelly, Dave, Lisa, Becky)

(more of me trying to get Lisa and Shelly to swim over next to the waterfall)

4 comments:

Happiness is... said...

How fun!! How is Lisa doing? I'll have to connect with her on facebook or somehow too.

Question for you about blogs: how do you add friends' addresses on the side so that I can look at other people's blogs easily? I know you "follow" my blog, my mom does, and two others, but I can't figure out how to get people's addresses to show up on the side like I've seen so many people do with theirs. You have it too (so I can show you the next time we're together if that doesn't make sense. Thanks!!

Mary Jo said...

Gorgeous! I am so jealous. I'm glad you had a good time. Cute purse, love the bathing suit (it's very pretty.) So, when are you going to come to California? What's this Hawaii crap? California is much cheaper, and Hawaii doesn't have Gwen!

Mom Emily said...

I'm impressed. I know what cold means to you.

Carolyn said...

Wow! It looks awesome there! What a great weekend! Always good to meet up with old friends. Yeah, I would definitely push for Hawaii also, so next time you can swim with waterfalls in warm water!