The sad day had come. Notice how sad this family is to get rid of us? We had good times in this van...struggling to stay awake, or struggling to sleep, the ham & cheese & bread sandwiches. We hated to part but both had different directions to take. We were bound north to Stockholm. These McCollaums were bound south to Italy. I would have stuck with them but we couldn't come up with a good enough kidnapping story for me to get work off. bummer!
As some may say...Next year in Napoli!
This is me standing outside the train. It's the first time I ever traveled by train. I was living my Harry Potter fantasy! hehe j/k But it was nice traveling by train.
Amanda and I had 2 bags of luggage each. When we got to the central station it turned out to be a little bit of a hassle getting around with all that luggage. We decided to use the elevator instead of the escalator. Bad call. It smelled of urine! And it kept taking us down and up and down and up and not letting us off on the right stop. It was crazy. We spent 2x as long in this thing as we needed to. Finally it let us out where we needed to be. Next time, I'll use the escalators. I don't care how difficult it may be. The Urine smell was the big kicker...yuck!
Amanda had never been in a metro station...
or on a metro train!
After we got to Stockholm we put our bags at the place we were staying and decided to wander the city a bit and get something to eat. It was bright outside and we were thinking it was probably around 3pm...nope it was 8:30. So everything in Stockholm was closed. We rode the metro back into the city and found a couple places to eat. Some of them were more sketchy than others. We finally decided to eat at this great Spanish food restaurant!
This was our waiter. He was kinda funny. Can't remember his name though.
Amanda being happy after being fed.
This is Edvin Ohrstrom's Obelisk on Sergels Torg right in front of the Kulturhuset.
Tired at the end of a long day.
1 comment:
Fun pictures! The sun really threw us off while we were there too. I don't think I went to bed before midnight the entire time I was in Sundsvall. Crazy. Looks like you guys had a good time your first day. I'm excited for more!
Post a Comment