Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Give Naples a try....its sooo fun!

I love Napoli (aka Naples)! It is one of the most fun cities I have ever been in. It is filled with history, museums, shops, churches, and the most interesting streets I've ever seen. Today Denise and I had big plans to go down town and do a lot. Unfortunately, because there is no standardization in Italy, things shut down and re-opened at various times and we seemed to be off the mark for alot (but not everything)! Oh well, we have the whole day again tomorrow and we are going to get it right.


Of anything the random hours were definately my biggest frustration; but, once I realized it is just part of their culture I adapted. American's are used to such structure I can see why many have such a fear of traveling.


Denise and I got lost in down-town Naples today. I think that is the best way to do it, just get lost! It's so fun because all of the streets have such character. Only, I would definately make sure you can make it back to "unlost" before dark...pick-pockets are everywhere I have heard. Getting lost though definately took a big chunk of our time. We are going to try to start early tomorrow. However, in order to do that I have to get to bed at a decent hour tonight. I have been going to bed after midnight everynight because I stay up to blog. So there aren't many pictures today (even though there were many taken). I'll just post the cream of the crop.






This is us being silly in front of the Dancing Women statues from the Herculaneum in the National Archeological Museum.



This is Denise admiring one of the many mosaics taken from Pompeii and placed in the National Archeological Museum.





This is not so much about me being sad about yet another site closed before we could get to it, but rather a silly picture that only those who have been to the Naples National Archeological Museum might understand (as long as they realize what this room is)! hehe...sorry about the inside joke.




Ok, so I know! It's Burger King! But they had Diet Coke! Actually, it is CocaCola Light (which doesn't taste as much like diet coke as it does like regular coke). I was just so excited I had to buy one. It cost me though. That tiny cup was 1,50 euro!




This is Denise and one of the streets we wandered down today. They are so qaint. I love it! So fun to get lost in! And one of the best parts, there are going to be little shops or at least a church down everyone, so there is always something to look at.

3 comments:

Mom Emily said...

Hey Becky!
It looks like you are having soooo much fun. Seeing things you may not even have heard about. Like you said, Pompei looks fantastic. Keep blogging.
Love, Mom

Rachel said...

Becky, this trip looks like an amazing adventure!! I love the pictures you've taken and your take on the experiences you've had. I'll be watching for more :) Thanks for letting me know you were blogging!

Jamie said...

My goodness! Looks like you are having an amazing time! Are you sure you are going to come home? :) I just got caught up on the entire trip, and I have to tell you I enjoy the pics and the commentary is fabulous! I will check back again soon!
Jamie